Tuesday 9 June 2009

Gospelfolk - Prodigal (1969)



I bought this for £2.50 up in Glasgow and it's apparently worth about 50 times that, so GERRITUPYE! Chilled Xian psych from Scotland with a bit of organ and fuzz, and some folky moments, but mainly in a solid 67-68 Byrdsy vein. Allegedly only 99 copies pressed, but I've heard that might be false. Some (presumably unintentional) Velvetsy vibes on this, and typical naive Christian hippy lyrics. Sorry for the crackle on my copy, but I think I'm the first to rip this so quit complaining.

HERE

3 comments:

  1. Tight material, but did you run noise reduction on this? Pretty harsh and swimmy digital noises. Good tunes though, solid stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's Noisebastardymon. It's supposed to be noisy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. man, this blog is really great. some great shares.
    wish you would update!

    ReplyDelete